木曜日, 4月 07, 2005

é right to die...

According today's paper, the Japanese government is deciding whether to pass the legislation on the right to die, also called as euthanasia.

It seems that 74% ordinary Japanese & 82% doctors opposed to continuing treatment simply to prolong life when patients were suffering from a painful and terminal condition. Euthanasia would allow a patient to die with dignity.

Wow... if the law is passed, I guess I'll be the first one to be elated. :o)

And I foresee that in future, the right to die whether one has terminal condition or not will also be an accepted practice. Think of it as a shutdown option "tagged" to your body. When you're sick and tired of this world and have decided to end everything... just select shutdown... and bingo... you'll be transported to another dimension.

Still... I wonder when will that day come...
I guess not so soon in the future... *sigh*