The Little Prince
A friend of mine and most problably the only one who reads my blog complained to me that I have stopped bloggin' since I have started working.
Well... there are a couple of reasons for not bloggin'...
As what most people would have guessed, I am simply too dead-tired to continue bloggin' after a hard day's work. Secondly, I can feel the innocence inside me slowly drained away from me. I am starting to become an adult... a person I detest most...
"Grown-ups love figures. When you describe a new friend to them, they never ask you about the importance things. They never say: 'What's his voice like? What are his favourite games? Does he collect butterflies?' Instead they demand: 'How old is he? How many brothers has he? How much does he weigh? How much does his father earn?' Only then do they feel they know him.
If I say to the grown-ups: 'I've seen a lovely house made of pink brick, with geraniums in the windows and doves on the roof', they are unable to picture such a house. You must say: ' I saw a house that cost a hundred thousand francs.' Then they cry out: 'Oh, how pretty!'"
This is taken from an extract from the book The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry where the little prince insisted on telling the author about Asteroid B612 and its number. Somehow like the adults in the book, I have also started to think like an adult.
During an on-site checking of a promotion event, I was admiring how I will hang and decorate the site area but my director asked me if I have taken down the dimensions of the floor area, no. of items to be placed on them, no. of point of purchase materials to prepare, how many staffs will be required etc... ... and the very next instance, before I knew it I started to think like an adult, taking down the dimensions, calculating the required stocks, estimating the turn-out of crowds, deciding on the profitability of the project etc...
Well... abovementioned is just one of the many daily incidents where I gotta think and figure things out like an adult. That navie thinking of mine is slowly eaten up by the reality of the cold and harsh business world.
The only consolation I have now is that I am working in a toy industry where part of my job scope are to plan actitives for the kids.
Good Bye innocence...
Well... there are a couple of reasons for not bloggin'...
As what most people would have guessed, I am simply too dead-tired to continue bloggin' after a hard day's work. Secondly, I can feel the innocence inside me slowly drained away from me. I am starting to become an adult... a person I detest most...
"Grown-ups love figures. When you describe a new friend to them, they never ask you about the importance things. They never say: 'What's his voice like? What are his favourite games? Does he collect butterflies?' Instead they demand: 'How old is he? How many brothers has he? How much does he weigh? How much does his father earn?' Only then do they feel they know him.
If I say to the grown-ups: 'I've seen a lovely house made of pink brick, with geraniums in the windows and doves on the roof', they are unable to picture such a house. You must say: ' I saw a house that cost a hundred thousand francs.' Then they cry out: 'Oh, how pretty!'"
This is taken from an extract from the book The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry where the little prince insisted on telling the author about Asteroid B612 and its number. Somehow like the adults in the book, I have also started to think like an adult.
During an on-site checking of a promotion event, I was admiring how I will hang and decorate the site area but my director asked me if I have taken down the dimensions of the floor area, no. of items to be placed on them, no. of point of purchase materials to prepare, how many staffs will be required etc... ... and the very next instance, before I knew it I started to think like an adult, taking down the dimensions, calculating the required stocks, estimating the turn-out of crowds, deciding on the profitability of the project etc...
Well... abovementioned is just one of the many daily incidents where I gotta think and figure things out like an adult. That navie thinking of mine is slowly eaten up by the reality of the cold and harsh business world.
The only consolation I have now is that I am working in a toy industry where part of my job scope are to plan actitives for the kids.
Good Bye innocence...



2 Comments:
Hey, i was going to write a piece of the same title! lol. Yes, i have read The Little Prince, and i loved it. Since you had the liberty of blogging an entry before me, i shall not begin to scrap my two cents worth. Keep blogging! :)
chey... u're just too lazy to give comments lah. Oink Oink... :p keekekeke...
Anyway, am waiting for your next blog.
コメントを投稿
<< Home