水曜日, 1月 24, 2007

花火

I still remember very vividly. It was in the summer of 2001. We were on a train way back to her house when she suddenly grabbed my hands and dashed out of the train as it was closing its doors.

" ほら ほら、みて みて !" she exclaimed

It was only a while before I realised that her backpack was still left in the train. I made a quick dash back to the train to retrieve her backpack and back to the platform where she was standing. The sparkle and twinkle of the fireworks greeted me as I was coming out of the train. It has been the fireworks that have made her so excited.

Both of us were standing right at the front end of the train station, admiring the explosion of thousand tiny lights while the train closed its doors and sped past us. I held her tight to me as we watched the fireworks. It was a magical feeling, watching my first live fireworks with her in the suburbs of Tokyo.

Although I didn't said anything but I was glad that she pulled me out of the train to watch the fireworks. Till this day, I still didn't have the chance to tell her how I felt that day. If I could relive that day over and over again, I wouldn't mind dying a thousand times.

Sadly the fireworks only lasted less than 5 minutes as it had already started more than an hour ago. Perhaps all good things were not meant to last forever. It just lasted long enough for us to remember and cherish those memories.